Sunday, July 07, 2013

Flowery White

Outfit: Skirt (Thrifted/DIY), Sandals (Aldo), Dress worn as top (Thrifted), Picnic Basket
(Thrifted), Floral Crown (DIY), Nail Polish (Wet 'n Wild- Pink Petal & O.P.I - It's Possible)

    Before I discuss the style post I just wanted to say that yes, The Rag Trade has been outed and has been given a new identity: The Banged Blonde. I have been thinking of a name for my blog for some time, for The Rag Trade was simply a working title, not one I wanted truly. So this is what I came up with! 
   Yesterday was so hot and sticky, a perfect day for a picnic by the river. We had sandwiches, cheese, and chocolate croissants, yum yum!  I think I can finally put away my wool items and opt for lighter materials, I hope. 
   This is the first time I'm wearing this skirt, even though I bought it over a year ago! In its original condition it fell below the knee and was a little loose on the waist. I apologize for my lack of how-to-do and before & after photos, I tend to do my DIY projects while watching tv with the bf later in the evening. At that point I'm feeling lazy and definitely not in the mood to take pictures. But I should stop being such a bum, so I promise from now on to take pictures, lots and lots! 
    Tomorrow I leave to go visit my family in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I'm really excited, I only get to see them about three times a year (that's not enough Mom and brother time if you ask me). I'm not sure whether or not I will be posting from there; I haven't decided if I want to shun social media for the ultra vacay, or if I should use the beautiful ocean scenery and historical buildings as backdrops to my style posts...we shall see!   

3 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit and lovely place!! :D
    Following you,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this otfit!Very chic!

    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! Love the red lipstick on you! This hippiesque summery outfit is beautiful! Following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...