Thursday, November 07, 2013

A Noteworthy November

Yesterday was a slow lazy day, but nonetheless enjoyable. While taking Kobe
on his daily walk I discovered a new vintage shop. Well, new to me. It's the best
one I have come across yet, which makes me anxious to go back! And it's only
two blocks away from my house, across from this park. How have I not seen it
before?! It may be dangerous that it's so close, and might I add, inexpensive.... And
since it was all gloomy and rainy outside Paul and I stayed in and began writing our
tv show. It's sort of a skit thing, like the Kroll Show, yet think more along the lines
of Chris Lilley's humour. We don't plan to go anywhere with it, but it's fun and
a great way to practice various types of writing. I've written articles for Carleton's
paper, but with this it's nice to write without strict guidelines and censorship. 
I don't know what's going on with the weather, but it's been incredibly warm the
past few days. No complaints here of course, it's just, I wouldn't be truly Canadian
if there wasn't at least one mentioning of the weather in this post!  And yes, if it's
 14 degrees  Celsius I feel as if it's summertime. With these beautiful temperatures I've
 been able to leave the coats alone for a little while longer and just throw on a sweater.
Generally, I find November to be such a dreary month. I call it a limbo month in
regards to seasons.  All the leaves have usually fallen by now, giving the trees this
naked look. November is often quite rainy as well, making the leaves that litter the
ground all soggy - no more crunch with your step. But alas! This year autumn has
been prolonged and my birthday month may not be so drab after all. Woot woot.
Outfit:
Aldo // Hat
Gift from friend // Scarf
Magnolia // Silver Leaf Necklace
Jacob // Wool Sweater
Thrifted // Skirt
Thrifted // Messenger Bag
SoftMoc // Moccasins

15 comments:

  1. Great Fall look! Love the sweater and the scarf especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for new vintage shops. :) samantha you've got great style! does everyone ask how you came up with your crazy blog name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red among the white jumper.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater looks so warm and cozy! Yay for discovering the new vintage store!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. really great outfit ! I love that scarf and how it matches the leaves.. :).
    It's been strangely warm here too (Toronto)! which isn't all bad as I can get away with not wearing tights for a few more days it seems :).. *win*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, good luck on writing your show! Sometimes those little things open up all sorts of new avenues for you... even if it's just a fun little thing, who knows where it could end up going? :) Sounds fun!

    Ah yes, the foilage in your pictures is gorgeous! I love how everyone's outfit photos lately are just colorful and orange and magical. Pretty pretty scarf, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super, duper, duper cute!! i love the hat and the scarf together, along with that cozy-looking sweater :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh love this cozy looking sweater! I'm a sucker for these types of pieces when the weather gets cold. You dressed it up perfectly with those red accents ;)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cozy and adorable. Also I just read your sidebar bio and about died laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I love your warm, comfortable and pretty looking top. The touch of pattern with the scarf is lovely. Fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving what you have on doll ,you are definitely a real fashionista and know how to put together a gorgeous outfit!!

    http://myglossyaffair.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect fall look love it!

    Allie of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the scarf with this outfit :)


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your scarf and those darling moccasins!! And the leaves look so beautiful!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...