Thursday, July 24, 2014

Call me Caper


See this enthusiastic jump? See this bright smile? Last week was all about
stress and tears of desperation, but thankfully my luck has changed for the
better! As you may or may not know, I have always dreamed of being a
writer. Yes, nothing makes me more elated than to picture a life of sitting at
a mahogany wood desk in front of a blazing hot fire scribbling notes in my 
leather-bound book or allowing my imagination to get the best of me while
sitting on the beach listening to the ceaseless crashing of the waves. How
many people actually have faith that their dreams will come true though? 
I wasn't holding my breath, I'll tell you that much. 
Now, for over a week I was paralyzed with fear and simply kept the 
advertisement looking for a weekly columnist paper-clipped to my agenda.
It wasn't until I got so fed up with myself and my lack of confidence in my
own abilities that I picked up that phone and gave the listed number a ring.
And am I ever happy that I finally mustered up the courage, because ladies,
you're looking at a newly appointed weekly columnist! What's even more
exciting is that the column will revolve around a newcomer's experience
to Cape Breton (the island I live on). I get to explore my new home, which
I'm already doing, and write about it. And since that day seemed to be my
day when I passed a souvenir shop that I know sells local handmade jewelry
I decided to stop in and really test my luck. Guess what! I bring in my things
tomorrow for them to view. If they like my little creations will be sold in an
actual store. So to sum everything up. Life is a roller coaster.  A stomach
churning, tear inducing, scream laden roller coaster. We can't allow our
fears to stop us from going after what we want. After all, no one is going
to give you what you want. It's your life and you only have one chance
to make live it the way you want. No second chances in this game of life.
And since I feel as if my steps are lighter and I'm on cloud nine I wanted
to wear something whimsical and fun. Suspenders and a dog that looks
like my pup on my shirt? Yes, that puts a smile on my face
Outfit:
T-Shirt // Thrifted 
Suspenders // Thrifted 
Skirt // Thrifted
Bracelets // DIY
Fringe Sandals // Aldo

4 comments:

  1. That's great! It's amazing how quickly life can change, how quickly we can go from feeling like failures to feeling on top of the world. I also got a very exciting job offer this week and I'm looking forward to working toward my goals.

    Great outfit!

    - Leah, http://stylewiseguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that's amazing Samantha!!! I'm so excited for you, and am so, so glad you got up the nerve to pursue what you're passionate about. I'd love to hear about what you're writing about, it sounds so perfect. Getting to explore your new hometown and be paid for it? Um, PERFECT!
    Haha, anyway, your adorable outfit reflects your happiness, especially that first photo <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! double exciting news. can't wait to hear about your adventures in writing the weekly column and finding out if your jewelry gets into the shop. best of luck!!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You and your dog is adorable!

    ♡Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...