Friday, February 06, 2015

Children Know Best


I recall reading once that one way to stay young (or at least feel
young) is to act like a kid. Now that's not to say we should all
throw a temper tantrum the next time we don't get our way. But
remember when we used to skip, dance, hop, run, and jump?
For some reason perching on the arm of a couch was more
enjoyable than actually sitting on the cushion. Why walk when
running could get you there so much faster? I used to spin around
and around in circles until I felt sick to my stomach. Anyone with
me or was I just fed too much candy as a child? So in honour of
this wonderful tidbit of advice, P and I gathered all that fluffy
snow that fell from the sky last night and piled it higher than
our heads, and we placed that pile in front of our roof. Climbed
up onto the icy roof we did and then we jumped. It was if I were
landing on a bed of clouds and for a moment my body was
weightless. I believe I shall be thinking like a child more often! 


Outfit:
Thrifted Belt
Thrifted Beret
DIY Necklace
Thrifted Jacob Wool Sweater
Thrifted Charming Charlie Dress
Thrifted Leg Warmers
Thrifted Made in Bulgaria Boots

3 comments:

  1. Love this look- lovely, subdued color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's awesome! I want to jump into a pile of snow now too :D
    And yes, my friends and I would go find a wood floor and spin around in our socks till we collapsed on the ground in fits of giggles and dizziness...ah man, just recalling that memory makes me smile :) There really is something to acting like a child to retain youthfulness!
    Love your outfit here by the way - the soft, neutral colors are so lovely

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cream and black together - makes me really wish I owned more cream... And I always, always love berets with anything - such a cute touch here :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...