Friday, February 20, 2015

Natural Living: Earache Remedies

I thought I'd start a new addition to my blog, one that I care about
strongly. It seems that 'natural living' is continuing to grow in
popularity after it's short-lived decline (right? I mean, we've been
using this stuff for thousands of years!) I tend to turn to my garden
and kitchen before I go running to the doctor. So from now on I'll
be sharing with you some of my tried and true favourite natural
living health and beauty tips. This week's tip is for earaches. 
I personally don't ever get earaches, but Paul does. His allergies
cause him to have them fairly often and it's nice to have something
on hand at home to deal with the pain. This has been tried and tested
by him and he swears by it.  The main ingredient in these remedies
is the garlic, which has medicinal benefits. 

Ingredients

Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
Garlic 
(Organic is always better, but not necessary)

* My concoction is 8 tablespoons olive oil to 1 regular-sized
garlic clove.


Directions:


1. Cut garlic into small pieces (about half the size of your pinky
finger nail). 

2. Let garlic sit for ten minutes, apparently this enhances the garlic's
health-promoting proprieties.  

3. Heat garlic and oil on stove on low for several minutes,
do not let it boil. 

4. Strain the oil so that there's no garlic pieces. 

5. Let cool. 

6. Then it's one drop to the affected ear once a day. 


If you don't feel comfortable putting something into your ear
then this second tip is more up your alley. 

Ingredients

Salt
Garlic

* 1/3 cup salt to one regular sized garlic clove. 

Directions:

1. Cut garlic into small pieces (about half the size of your pinky
finger nail). 

2. Let garlic sit for ten minutes, apparently this enhances the garlic's
health-promoting proprieties.  

3. Heat salt and garlic in a pan on the stove on low. You want it to be
warm but not hot. 

4. Put salt and garlic into a cloth bag (I used a finely-woven cheesecloth
pouch). 

5. Place pouch over the affected ear until the salt becomes cool. 
Repeat if necessary. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is so interesting! I used to get terrible ear aches as a child and apparently there were discussions with doctors over how I might have to get surgery because of the severity and continuity of them...ugh, it was terrible. But I pulled through, without surgery, thank goodness! I hate going to see a doctor and prefer using natural methods as well. Please keep up these posts!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so useful! I love learning about home remedies are my favorite! I try and use all sorts of things for my skin and hair and this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...